Date:      Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:25:53 +0200
From:      abu khaled <khaled.abu@gmail.com>
To:        Fafa Diliha Romanova <fteg@london.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting rid of message: unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources (port)

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 04:55:32 -0500, Fafa Diliha Romanova
<fteg@london.com> wrote:
> haye!
>
> i'm just kinda tired of seeing this in my dmesg.
> can i make my kernel ignore it?
>
> thanks!
>
> -- fafa
> --

  The ``can't assign resources'' messages indicate that the devices
are legacy ISA devices for which a non-PnP-aware driver is compiled
into the kernel. These include devices such as keyboard controllers,
the programmable interrupt controller chip, and several other bits of
standard infrastructure. The resources cannot be assigned because
there is already a driver using those addresses.

--Garrett Wollman <wollman@FreeBSD.org>, 24 April 2001

PNP0700 is the "Standard floppy disk controller"
AFAIK if the Floppy Disk is working then these messages do not mean
that there is a problem.

* I do not know how to disable the message. I have them to.

unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources (port)
   *Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard*

unknown: <PNP0c02> can't assign resources (memory)
   *Motherboard resources*

unknown: <PNP0c02> can't assign resources (port)
   *Motherboard resources*

unknown: <PNP0700> can't assign resources (port)
   *Standard floppy disk controller*

Everyhing is working just fine!!!

--
Kind regards