Date:      Sat, 01 Jan 2000 19:47:31 -0800
From:      Kirk McKusick <mckusick@flamingo.McKusick.COM>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>, Tom <tom@uniserve.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: interesting results from softupdates/postmark test (was Re: softupdates and debug.max_softdeps)

Delta 1.40 to ffs_softdep.c (12/16/1999) fixes the `hanging
while holding a lock' problem. It should be propagated to the
3.X branch.

I have been working on a number of performance improvements to
soft updates that will hopefully assist in the postmark
benchmarks. Hopefully they will be ready to incorporate in
the next week or so. I'll send them to you (Matt) when I am
convinced that they are at least semantically correct to try
out.

	Kirk