Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:14:15 +0200
From:      Dan Larsson <support@junglenote.com>
To:        "[FreeBSD-Questions-List] (E-post)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   upsd can't set smart-mode on ups ( APC Smart-UPS 2200 )

I'm beginning believe that my supplied cable isn't working correctly with
the upsd daemon. The rs-232 cable came with the ups and according to
apc a cable specific for unix type systems. That cable connected to /dev/cuaa0
with a default upsd configuration file and upsd still dumps all zeroes on monitored
values in syslog along with the "upsd can't set smart-mode...". Evidently the daemon
doesn't know about the ups and vice versa. I've tried three other cables of the same
type with the same results. Does FreeBSD require a specific pin out on the rs-232?
If not what am I missing here?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
----