Date:      Sat, 8 Feb 2020 22:29:40 -0700
From:      Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
Subject:   perl5 version issue

Having to rebuild 11.3-RELEASE disk

After updating system and installing many packages,
I wanted to add
   freebsd-doc-en
Since this is not built as a package, I have to compile it from ports.
I understand there is a freebsd-doc-all package but I don't want to install
the other languages.

When I attempt to build, I get this:
   ===>   en-freebsd-doc-51730,1 depends on package: docproj>=2.0_6 - not found
   ===>  docproj-2.0_9 Invalid perl5 version 5.30.

Is there any way around this incompatibility?  I presume perl5 in the ports
tree is now past 5.30?

I get the same problem when trying to build gutenprint.  I have the pkg
installed but need to build/extract to look for the source of an error.

Thanks,

Gary