Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 1999 13:13:37 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: windows debate

Dan Moschuk writes:
> Windows was nothing new, really.  I am in no means a mac advocate myself,
> but they seemed to have beat Microsoft to the whole "windows idea" by
> at least a few years.  The difference in my eyes wasn't superior technology,
> it was marketing.

The 1984 Mac and current Mac interfaces are remarkably similar. You
can't say that for Windows 3.1 to Win95, much less for DOS to NT.

I think the original Mac user interface was very well conceived. By 1984
Unix shells and tool interfaces were also very mature. Neither has
changed much since then, only gotten better.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net