Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:09:10 +0000
From:      Graham Lillico <grez@grumpygoblin.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Samsung ML-1210 & apsfilter

Has anyone managed to get the printer working with apsfilter?

I know it needs the gdi ghostscript driver which I have confirmed is
installed on my system.

% gs -h | grep gdi
   lj5gray pj pjxl pjxl300 pxlmono pxlcolor pcl3 hpdj ijs npdl rpdl gdi

However I can't find where I should select this driver in apsfilter.

I have tried the PS (option 1) driver, but nothing happend. I have also
tried the PSgs (options 2) driver, the printer starts but no output
appears, and under option 3  I can't find the gdi driver.

I can print to the command line fine using

% cat /usr/local/share/ghostscript/7.05/examples/snowflak.ps | gs -q
-dBATCH -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dQUIET -sDEVICE=gdi -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -r600
-sOutputFile=- - | cat > /dev/unlpt0

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this printer working?

Grez..