Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:23:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Star Trek, The Experience

I know, horribly off topic, but this weekend when I went to see the
Experience (For those that have missed the ads, that's the virutal
reality shuttle ride that the Las Vegas Hilton is putting on).  After
going through the museum and the ride, they've got this area that is
designed after the pomenade on DS9.  (Don't worry, I'll get to the funny
part soon).

On the Pomenade, they've got all these computer info centers with touch
screens designed to look like the terminals you see in the later ST shows.
I can't tell you how well these work, because every one that I found fell
into four categories.

	1) the touchscreen was dead, though the computer seened
functional, since it ran through its demo mode.

	2) the touchscreen worked fine, but the computer was locked at
some kind of "failure to load module" screen.

(these two accounted for at least 85% of the terminals)

	3) There was a big crowd around a working terminal, and I didn't
feel like pushing my way through.

	4) and finally, the last category, the one that had me laughing
hysterically, one terminal permanantly stuck at an NT blue screen.  Even
my wife got the joke when I said "400 years, and they still can't make it
work!"