Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 1995 05:08:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bmk@dtr.com
To:        dufault@hda.com (Peter Dufault)
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Digiboard PC/Xe support?

> > I am very interested in helping you out. I've been trying to work around
> > the linux driver but no luck. I also contacted digiboard but the person
> > I spoke with never even heard of Free(Net)BSD.  I have a PcXe (Intelligent)
> > 8 port board I have been desperately trying to get working.

> There is an "info@digibd.com" address that you can send requests
> for a BSD-style copyright driver for FreeBSD support to.

> If this fails, I'll sign the DigiBoard NDA and do the work as long as
> I don't lose out too much financially.  Someone will have to loan
> me a board and I'll fork out the $200.00 for the programming info
> but will release the binary-only driver as shareware, confident
> that at least some of the FreeBSD crowd will reimburse me for the
> support time.  We've had a constant stream of requests for DigiBoard
> support, with about five this week.

> The support is the real issue for a binary-only driver: the support
> headache will fall on the individual willing to sign the NDA with
> Digi.

Peter, I'd be happy to loan you a board.  I can't speak for anyone else,
of course, but I'm more than willing to send some cash your way for a
driver and whatever support you're willing to offer.

P.S. - Sorry 'bout the previous replies directed at questions-*.  My
brain doesn't start working until 0600 and I haven't had my coffee yet.
:)