Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 2002 22:05:00 +0100
From:      Dirk Froemberg <dirk@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 w/ GD support doesn't compile

Hi Adrian!

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 07:31:34PM +0200, Adrian Penisoara wrote:
>   It seems that configure doesn't recognize the presence of a function
> in libintl when mod_php is compile with GD v2 support:
>
> checking for GNU gettext support... yes
> checking for bindtextdomain in -lintl... no
> checking for bindtextdomain in -lc... no
> configure: error: Unable to find required gettext library
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>       Please report the problem to dirk@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and
> attach the
>       "/usr/ports/www/mod_php4/work/php-4.2.3/config.log" including the
> output
>       of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea
>       provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g.
> an `ls
>       /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4.

This was caused by my last commit for autodetecting apache2, which was
backed out for now.

Can you please cvsup your ports tree and try again?

Make sure to have the latest version of mod_php4:

% ident /usr/ports/www/mod_php4/Makefile
Makefile:
     $FreeBSD: ports/www/mod_php4/Makefile,v 1.180 2002/11/23 20:49:41 dirk Exp $

	Regards Dirk

--
Dirk Froemberg

FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!		http://www.FreeBSD.org/