Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:27:46 -0400
From:      ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, admin@sage-one.net
Subject:   Re: sendmail virtual hosting (with apache)

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:14:24 -0400
"Kennebunk Mailing List" <brentb@loa.com> wrote:

> ok...kewl ... thats working ...thanx :-)  ..now my problem is this . Im
> also runnign sendmail (newest version)
> i added my new customer to
> /etc/mail/virusertable
>    @newcustomer.biz  newcustomer

 Good stuff so far.

> then did
> makemap hash virtusertable.db < virtusertable

 Good stuff.

> and HUPed  sendmail..

 Excellent.

> but he cant send or recieve mail from his domain yet .. is there
> anuthing i have to do to
> /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

 Yes. Make sure it has commands for virtusertable in it. It's actually
easier to check the ?.mc file as it's a one line option. You need to
generate a .cf file from a properly configured ?.mc file. I don't know if
virtusertable is enabled by default? (it probably is)

 You didn't report any error messages, but I can assume you forgot to add
newcustomer.biz to /etc/mail/local-host-names. Without the domain in there
sendmail has no idea it should accept mail and treat it as local.

-ger