Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2011 22:40:04 +0100
From:      Ulrich =?utf-8?B?U3DDtnJsZWlu?= <uqs@spoerlein.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        avg@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   tmpfs regression in recent -STABLE

Hey,

the following line in fstab used to work just fine for my /tmp:

tmpfs                   /tmp    tmpfs   rw,size=1g,mode=1777    0 0

But since I upgraded to 8.2-PRERELEASE, /tmp will soon run out of space
(usually after leaving the box overnight).

% df /tmp
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Avail Capacity  Mounted on
tmpfs             12   12     0   100%    /tmp

Yes, what you see here, is not "stuff" filling up the /tmp partition,
*BUT* the /tmp partition shrinking to a ridiculous size. /tmp only has
the usual stuff on it, as I can now no longer create temporary files
there:

% du /tmp
4       /tmp/.X11-unix
0       /tmp/.XIM-unix