Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 1997 18:25:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Charlie Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: files.i386, npx mandatory, config problem?

This problem is evidently causing much trouble for many people who use
cvsup to be current, so its current afterall.  That's why I suggested
to Dough White in the past few days that the config kernel should have
a technique to check for discrapencies between the version of config
and the system being rebuilt, and gives a stub message telling the
user to make world first, this also includes rebuilding new config,
before attempting to compile a new kernel, but he just LAUGHED in my
face for that suggestion, I still remember not so  far ago reading;
This Program Requires Microsoft Windows.

come on guys, make the users feel the power of the system from the
first touch.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH you.

---J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de> wrote:

> Nathan Dorfman <nathan@SENATE.ORG> wrote:
>
> > Latest cvsup (22:30 GMT, Tue Dec 9) has given me a small problem in
> > kernel configuration. /usr/sbin/config LIMBO now prints an error:
> > files.i386: npx must be either optional or standard
>
> Rule #1:  Follow the -current list.
> Rule #2:  When in doubt, rebuild config(8), and re-run it on your
>           config file.
>
> --
> cheers, J"org
>
> joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/ -- NIC: