Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:38:14 +1100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        harti@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patch for devel/imake

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 12:29:00PM +0100, Harti Brandt wrote:
> I'm about to commit the patch in standards/57295 that makes make more
> POSIX compliant. Unfortunately this breaks imake build. The reason is
> that the imake makefile expects to be able to override the top-level's
> Makefile SUBDIR variable by specifying it on make's command line. This
> won't work with a POSIX make, because a POSIX make passes command line
> variable assignments down to all sub-makes and they cannot be overridden
> by the makefile. The simples patch for the problem is to actually patch
> the top-level Imakefile to change the SUBDIR variable. Patch attached.

Thanks for your worrying about devel/imake.

Just a question, since devel/imake is "old" and devel/imake-4 is
"new", can you tell us if devel/imake-4 needs a patch too?

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin@mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/