Date:      Wed, 4 Nov 1998 19:22:38 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@smith.net.au, mark@grondar.za, sos@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Who built XFree86 with Kerberos?

I know I am weighing in way late with my 2 cents here, but...

> Thoughts?

I think there needs to be a "package-dist" constraint that you
can set on the makefiles to make them ignore the fact that
<whatever> is installed, and "build the right thing linked to
the right things".

This would let anyone do the job (or several anyones), and you
would get platform configuration independent results.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.