Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 1996 08:51:24 -0400
From:      jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us (Webmaster Jim)
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: using tar

On Aug 10, 10:28am, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
} As Chuck Robey wrote:
} > I want to use tar to move a directory hierarchy, but I want to do it
} Aside from the responses you've got regarding tar, here's the same
} with cpio:
} 	cd /from/dir
} 	find . <further restrictions if desired> -print | cpio -dump /to/dir
} (The ``-dump'' is actually a combination of separate options, but easy
} to memorize this way. :)

I've memorized a similar set of cpio flags as -pdlmuv (poodle move ;-)
--
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"