Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:51:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Busby <redtick@sbcglobal.net>
To:        help help <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   install fails

I've been trying to install freebsd on a HP pavilion with a A7V-VM Asus motherboard.
  The bios finds the harddrive and controler, but freebsd does not. I've installed a harddrive with
  bsd already loaded and the computer runs fine. I've tried older install cd's of freebsd from 4.1 to 6.2rc2  same thing happens. I've changed bios settings, looked for virus blocking software in the bios. I've placed the harddrive into another computer, it works fine. Pulled cards to see if interupt storm. But still unable to load from install cd.  Any ideas??