Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:42:24 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   HPA LCD  for X?

	Fellow BSDers,

	A friend here in Seattle offered to sell his IBM laptop
	for $100.  It needs a new CDROM drive and I don't think it
	has a NIC.  I've been poking around the web and found that
	ebay has several Thinkpad 1400s.

	i'M planning on using the 'festival' text-to-speech
	synthesizer.  Having X would be  a plus, not a necessity.
	One of the Thinkpad-1400s says its screen is "HPA LCD".

	Two questions:  does X11 4.x work with this type of display?
	Also: are there any other (low-cost/used) laptops worth
	considering?  I do like that stick  mouse gadget.

	feedback?

	thanks,

	gary

	PS: This latop will have limited used, not heavy, daily
	    pounding.

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix