Date:      Mon, 08 Dec 2008 15:49:15 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: uart vs sio differences ?

At 02:18 PM 12/8/2008, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

>I see, so the FreeBSD box with uart(4) is missing data,
>not the Windows machine, right?

Hi,
         Correct.  The FreeBSD box never gets the full data, nor do
we see it on the "protocol analyzer".  Our analyzer is just a special
serial cable that copies the data from both sides to the monitor
program (a dos app) on another machine.

>Do you know if you get the first 30 bytes or the last 30
>bytes or some mix?

Just checked, and we get the first 31 bytes each time.  Is it
possible the larger fifo buffer of the 16950 is holding onto the data
too long ? The sio sees it as a plain old 16550, but the uart driver
sees it as the 16950 that it is.

         ---Mike