Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2004 23:14:35 -0600
From:      greg <gval@mts.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   UFS2 structure on disk.

I am considering writting a tool to bring a filesystem with a bad super
block back from the dead. I looked at the raw data on the disk where the
filesystem is. I can see that my data is there.

Now does such a tool exist already?

Fsck failed. It can't the super block. I tried to force it to look at 32
(and many others). It does not recongnize them.

If no such tool exists, I will write a tool to do so. I need to find
information on how the UFS2 filesystem works. I have tried google with
the BSD filter, I could not find anything useful. I have looked at the
source code for UFS2, but it is hard to understand without already
having an insight into how the filesystem works.

Could someone point me in the right direction? Are there any resources
out there explaining the UFS2 in a detailed and technical way?

Thank You,
--
greg <gval@mts.net>