Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2001 22:05:40 -0300
From:      D A Padula <dialp@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   yamaha opl3

I have a Yamaha opl3sax isa sound card, it works under win 95, 98, and
Linux. I can't make it work with FreeBSD 4.3-release (releng_4).  I
added the following line to the kernel conf file, and rebuild, and
installed -- as described in the handbook.

device pcm0 at isa? irq 9 drq 1 flags 0x0

When it boots up it says nothing about pcm (as if there was no sound
card). It does absolutely _nothing_. I have also tried specifying /
changing the parameters (port, irq, dma), and also disabling pnp-os at
bios (Award). I can't get it to work. I would expect it to spit out at
least some error msg.

What can I do? Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Diego

PS if you reply, please send copy to my email addres.