Date:      Sat, 3 Feb 2018 16:14:02 -0500
From:      Michael Voorhis <mvoorhis@mcvau.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        mvoorhis@mcvau.net
Subject:   50 percent swap used, but "ps auxww" output shows no processes swapped out

Hi all,

I've got an amd64 system running 11.1-STABLE r325027, with something
like 20G of swap. "swapinfo" shows that half the swap is used.

So of course I'm curious to know which processes have been swapped
out. I'm not using any "tmpfs" filesystems; no ZFS, no huge amounts of
wired-down memory. The system's got 16 processors and 128G of RAM. "ps
auxww" output shows *no* processes that are swapped out (2nd character
in "STAT" field is "W"). Not a single one. The only process with a W in
the stat field at all is the "[intr]" kernel thread.

What is using the swapspace?

Please educate me.

Thanks,

--MCV.