Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:42:45 +0200
From:      Erik Cederstrand <erik@cederstrand.dk>
To:        freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linker flags used by buildworld/kernel

Hi guys,

I want to know which linker flags are used when building FreeBSD, i.e. =
which flags a system linker must support. I created a wrapper for =
/usr/bin/ld that simply dumps the arguments to a file before calling =
/usr/bin/ld. I then added "LD=3D/path/to/wrapper" to /etc/make.conf and =
ran "make buildworld && make buildkernel". This results in the appended =
list (for CURRENT).

Is this a comprehensive list? I also tried gripping the source, but =
neither LD nor LDFLAGS are used consistently, and some uses of LDFLAGS =
are reserved for building other OS'es. I considered replacing =
/usr/bin/ld with my wrapper, but a new ld is built in the very beginning =
as part of the new toolchain, AFAIK.

Thanks,
Erik

--gc-sections