Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:38:25 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP + Analog leased line

* Francois Hensley <cyberdeth@intekom.com> [20010316 10:52]: writing on the subject 'PPP + Analog leased line'
Francois> Hi.
Francois>
Francois> I've got an anolog leased line at home. Now when i type at th ecommand line :
Francois> ppp
Francois> i get the ppp program
Francois> now the only method i can get the line up is by using the term. and then i have
Francois> to type
Francois> atl0
Francois> atdt0
Francois>
Francois> now this works and i can connect to my destination. can anybody please help
Francois> with a script that will automate this. please.

Hi Francois,
You are in luck because this is one of those things I specialize in. Are you using analogue
modems? Which make is the modems? I am hoping that one modem is attached to your FreeBSD while
the other modem is attached to a NAS Server at your ISP, right? And the monthly fee for your
analogue leased line is not dependent on usage so you can afford to use it 24hrs/30days?
Well lemme know and I'll help you throught it to the end.
I hope you want ppp to run automatically without your intervention, or you want it to run anytime
you feel like 'hanging out with the guys' - on the Net??

Francois>
Francois> Thanks.
Francois>
Francois> ----------------------------------   ,     ,
Francois>                                    ,(       ).
Francois>                                    | \,--_ / |
Francois>                                    /_  _  `  /
Francois>    Francois Hensley               /-.,-.`    \
Francois>    Database Administrator         | |   \     \
Francois> ._________________________________\O|O  |     |__.
Francois> |   ___            ___ ___ ___  (___)`--'_    /  |
Francois> |  | __| _ ___ ___| _ ) __|   \  `.______/`  /   |
Francois> |  | _| '_/ -_) -_) _ \__ \ |) |   `.__,   ,/    |
Francois> |  |_||_| \___\___|___/___/___/       /    \     |
Francois> |________________________<----.______/ __   \____|
Francois>                          <----|===)))==) \) /=====
Francois>    Intekom Pty. (Ltd.)   <----'  `--' `.__,' |   _
Francois>                                     |        |  / \
Francois>    Telephone: +27 11 266-7800        \ _     /`-' \/
Francois>    Celular: +27 11 83 438-0173   ,----` \   /
Francois>    Fax: +27 11 266-7932          \_,-----'  \
Francois>                                    \________/
Francois> The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and
Francois> intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s).This
Francois> information may be subject to attorney and client or other privilege. It
Francois> must not be disclosed to any person without Intekom's permission. Please
Francois> note that the recipient must scan this e-mail and any attached files for
Francois> viruses and the like. Intekom accepts no liability of whatever nature
Francois>
Francois> To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
Francois> with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
Francois>

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke 5th Flr Furaha Plaza

There are more things, Lucilius, that frighten us than injure us, and we
suffer more in imagination than in reality. -Seneca, "Epistulae ad Lucilium"