Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2013 22:36:08 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: LSI 9260: is there a way to configure it JBOD like mps?

Hello, Dmitry.
You wrote 19 =D0=BC=D0=B0=D1=80=D1=82=D0=B0 2013 =D0=B3., 21:45:57:

DM> I'm currently in process of making new backup server, based on LSI 9260
DM> controller.  I'm planning to use ZFS over disks, hence the most natural=
 way
DM> seems to configure mfi to JBOD mode - but I can't find easy way to reac=
h this,
DM> neither in BIOS utilities nor via MegaCli
 ZFS Administration Guide from Sun, errr, Oracle, says, that it is bad
idea to use anything but raw spindles for ZFS. You don't need JBOD
mode, you need many separate disks, added to ZFS vdev. It allows ZFS
to plan parallel requests & distribute vital metainformattion
properly.

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>