Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 1995 22:35:52 +0100
From:      bcom@euronet.nl (Joop_Buis)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installation FreeBSD

Dear people,

PLEASE HELP.....

A full two months ago i ordered FreeBSD 2.0.5 from Walnut Creek.
I am a QNX user and wanted to try FreeBSD.

Up until now i haven't seen anything from BSD yet because it is unpossible
to get it installed.

My configuration is 2 * 1GB IDE Harddisks and a IDE CDrom.

It is difficult to get an NON ide cdrom overhere.

I have copied the complete CDrom to a \Freebsd directory on the first IDE drive.
I created the necessary file system on the second IDE drive and pushed COMMIT.

I keep on getting the message "Can't get the root immage will try to get it
from flopy" and of course getting it from floppy doesn't work either.

What is happening here ?

I have read that there is a IDE CDrom device driver in FreeBSD 2.1.0 how can
i get this driver and what do i have to do to use it ?

Will somebady please help me so i can experience FreeBSD.....

Thank you very much.

J. Buis
The Netherlands.