Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 1998 09:04:31 +0200
From:      Ruslan Shevchenko <Ruslan@Shevchenko.kiev.ua>
To:        Arthur Alacar <art@pili.adn.edu.ph>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: smbclient printing.

Arthur Alacar wrote:

> GOOD DAY!
>
> I did able to print a TEXTFILE on a remote machine running win95, using
> smbclient. How about then graphics document? Say, i wanna print a
>                                                  ^^^^^^^^^

command printmode graphics in smbclient.(or printmode without parameters)

> starwriter document on a remote printer (running win5)?
>
> i understand that staroffice uses ghostscript for this matter, do i have
> to install ghostscript on the printer server(remote printer), for it to be
> able to understand data being sent by my system?

You must send to samba printer row data.it can be Postscript, if you printer
understand it, or  pcl (pstopcl include in gs)

Of course, transforming to such format must perform on your side.

--

    @=
     //RSSH                              mailto://Ruslan@Shevchenko.Kiev.UA