Date:      Fri, 30 May 2003 16:24:23 +0100
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>
To:        "Gray, David W" <David.W.Gray@NielsenMedia.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-chat@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re: preferred email system

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 09:29:35AM -0400, Gray, David W wrote:

> I use mutt in a similar setup. It's handling of IMAP is, well, painful. It

Don't use the IMAP. Configure an MTA and where you can have mail delivered
direct. Where it needs to come off a remote mail server, grab a copy of
fetchmail and make it do it's voodoo. Having an MTA on your local machine
for just you is not just luxury - it's why you have Unix. :-)

> really
> does not do folders well, at all. I use squirrelmail whenever I want to move

I use folders all the time. If you configure properly it's really nice, you
just have to ] and ! around a bit. It's far quicker than tabbing and
arrowing...

--
Paul Robinson