Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 02:53:29 +0200
From:      Terje Elde <terje@elde.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   CompactFlash with PCMCIA adaptor on ThinkPad 600

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

Hi,

I've been trying everything I can think of with this, but I just can't seem to
figure out what's wrong.

Having spent a lot of time trying to figure this out without success I've now
started to wondering if perhaps one of the components might be broken, but I
thought I should check with you all if you have any suggestions before I start
looking for alternate hardware to test with as that will be a non-trivial
task, or force me to spend more money without having any idea if I'll get it
to work, or what I should perhaps buy different.

The hardware I've got to work with is a ThinkPad 600, which I know to work
great with my 3com network card, as well as a "Billionton Compact Ata Adaptor"
also known as "Billionton Compact Flash Adapter".  The CompactFlash module is
a TwinMOS 16MB module.

When inserting the card the insertion is successfully detected, but not much
useful information is returned:

Apr 12 02:46:00 tiger /kernel: pccard: card inserted, slot 1
Apr 12 02:46:03 tiger pccardd[172]: No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")
Apr 12 02:46:03 tiger /kernel: Apr 12 02:46:03 tiger pccardd[172]: No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")
Apr 12 02:49:30 tiger /kernel: pccard: card removed, slot 1

pccardc dumpcis doesn't return much helpful either:

Configuration data for card in slot 1
Tuple #1, code = 0xff (Terminator), length = 0
2 slots found

As I mentioned I'm all out of ideas now, and would really appreciate it if
anyone could nudge me in the right direction so I can get the hardware up and
running.

Thanks,
Terje "delta" Elde

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9