Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:45:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Gene Harris <zeus@tetron03.tetronsoftware.com>
To:        CKimmerl@SARCOM.COM
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "easy installation"!!!!! yeah right

I only just installed about six weeks ago.  I found Greg's
book to be extremely helpful.  Actually, my FreeBSD install
went a lot easier than installing NT, followed by installing
the Service Pack of the week, followed by installing the
last 4000 security patches discovered since last week.

Am I an MS hater?  No.  I am an mcse and an mcsd.  But I
have moved my web site and firewall to Apache and FreeBSD
after using MS proxy server for two years.

My advice is to try the book again, and go with the flow.
It is not Windows, so don't try to force fit the Windows
paradigm onto Unix.  You can also pitch my advice out the
window, if you want.  I managed to major in Chemistry also.

*grin*
Gene Harris