Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:57:34 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp>, Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: panic: swap_pager_isswapped: failed to locate all swap meta blocks

--pMCBjikF2xGw87uL

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 12:12:56PM -0400, David Schultz wrote:
+> One way to speed it up would be to wait until after most userland
+> processes have been killed, since most of the data won't need to
+> be swapped back in in that case.  In fact, this is an improvement
+> for another reason, namely, there might not be enough physical
+> memory for swapoff() to work otherwise.

I'm not really aware how to define rcNG scripts order on shutdown.
We can also move swapoff to kernel to be called even after all file
systems are unmounted.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl