Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 19:13:58 +0200
From:      Alex <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        "Marcel Dijk" <nascar24@home.nl>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: shared object not found

Hello Marcel,

Saturday, June 08, 2002, 4:38:42 PM, you wrote:

MD> Hello,

MD> I have installed OpenSSH (from the ports collection) on my FreeBSD 4.5 machine. But when I try to start the SSHD I get this error:

MD> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 shared object "libcrypto.so.2" not found.

MD> I am puzzeld as what to do next.

MD> Greets,

MD> Marcel.

SSH is build in to FreeBSD. You can enable it, by putting this in to
your /etc/rc.conf file
sshd_enable="YES"

--

The file is probably belongs to the OS, but was for some reason not
installed. Try a to update you sources and do a make world.

For info on how to do that.
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/cutting-edge.html

My guess is, that your problem wil be gone after you done this.

--
Best regards,
Alex

Links:
How to get the best results from FreeBSD questions.
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html