Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 1994 20:58:26 -0500
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers%ponds@ncren.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, joerg_wunsch@uriah.sax.de
Subject:   Re: DX4/100 BUG

> As Bruce Evans wrote:
> |
> | hlt_works_ok defaults to 1.  It is cleared if to boot loader passes the
> | string "no-hlt" on the command line.  FreeBSD could use a new boot flag.
>
> I'm afraid we will soon have to extend the alphabet by new characters
> just to gain some more bootflags. :-O

 Well, we could go for numbers... In my stuff, I have flags like:

	-qNNN[=value]

 thus, I use up one letter, and get 999 possible options.  It's really
ugly for the user (just what was that number again?) but extends things
nicely.

 Of course, a better mechanism is to have something more than single
letter options :-)

> --
> cheers, J"org                             work:      --- no longer ---
>                                           private:   joerg_wunsch@uriah.sax.de

	- Dave Rivers -