Date:      Sat, 20 May 1995 13:00:00 -0700
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com>
To:        "Thomas D. Simes" <tsimes@bsl1.bslnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RADIUS help

In message <Pine.BSF.3.91.950520102057.29921A-100000@bsl1.bslnet.com>, "Thomas
D. Simes" writes:
>gcc -O -DNOSHADOW -o radiusd radiusd.o dict.o users.o util.o md5.o
>attrprint.o acct.o version.o
>radiusd.o: Undefined symbol `_crypt' referenced from text segment
>*** Error code 1

Add -lcrypt to the LDFLAGS if it has one, or add it by hand to the
line in question in the Makefile. FreeBSD doesn't build it's crypt
routines into the libc for various reasons, and it can be found in the
libcrypt file.

This should allow it to compile, although I'm not sure if it will
work. You may need to ``tweak'' it concept of password verification if
it uses the system password file.

Gary