Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 13:00:51 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Shimon@i-Connect.Net (Simon Shapiro)
Cc:        julian@whistle.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: A Desparate Plea for Help...

Simon Shapiro stands accused of saying:

> BTW, I have disabled ALL LKM's in the system and it appears to hold
> together!

Ok, we're close now.

> As I said, we had Linux emulation (which is not being used), the
> non-X screen saver (which appears to be fine (used to crash
> somewhere in pre-stable 2.2), and OSS which appears to be working.

It would be very good to determine which one it is.  If it's the OSS
module, I'm sure they'd love to hear about it so that we/they can
_fix_ it.  If it's either of the others, we'd like to know too!

> Now, which one is the culprit?  Dunno, but would put my money (on
> top of the $20.00/binary I already did - was curious), on OSS.

I am not so sure, and I would suggest not slagging it until you're
ready to send a bug report 8)

> On a more serious note; i would like, very much to identify the
> culprit, on the chance that the bug is elsewhere and can pop up
> again, somewhere on a mountain top, taking some 50,000 customers out
> of service.

If you can spare a little time somewhen to pursue this, it would be _very_
greatly appreciated.

If I can ever get to your FTP site, it would be helpful to know in which
order you load your LKMs.