Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:14:11 +0100
From:      Geert Houben <sec@hict.nl>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   best firewall option for FreeBSD

Hi all,

I have to build a firewall for our University with 2 NIC's. One
connected to internet and the second connected to the network.
The e-mail is running on M$ Exchange, but this servers are placed
outside of the network.
With the firewall we would like to increase the security, but also make
it impossible for internal users to use anything else but http, https,
ssh, ftp-client,pop3-client, Outlook. So it has to be impossible to use
Morpheus, Kazaa, Napster etc.

What firewall software (Opensource) would you advice? Or do I have to
choose another OS?

Best regards,
Geert Houben

--