Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 07:07:30 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Todd Doucet <todd@lugaru.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: documentation problem, imho

> I don't know if you are the folks who maintain or take
> comments for the /stand/sysinstall utility, but I am
> assuming you are, or can forward this if necessary.

Actually, freebsd-doc is for discussing documentation
related issues (e.g. for the docs team).  You wanted
freebsd-questions, but I'll field this one anyway. :)

> Now I discover that I wish I had selected
> "X Developer" originally when asked.  I have
> been unable to figure out how to accomplish
> this, despite hours of trying.

Run /stand/sysinstall and then choose Configure -> Distributions -> X

You don't want to select the Novice, Express or Custom installs since
those are, well, install methods.  You've already installed, so now
you want to Configure.

- Jordan