Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:12:57 +0100 (CET)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSup from home question

I was tryiing to CVSup my 2.2.5 to 2.2.8 (RELENG_2_2) yesterday and it did not
work due to the fact that my machine has no proper hostname set as I am
randomly 'awarded' with a hostname of pppX (X=0..5). cvsup complained that it
could not find my IP, perhaps a reverse lookup that failed?

Anyway, what should I do?

1) Once connected do a nslookup and find out who I really am, and set my
hostname to that string, then cvsup. Should that work? I'm at work right now
and can't test it.

2) Use my Disc set and try to use the CVS repository on one of them? How do I
go about doing that? Is it as simple as using cvsupd to point to my CD and then
specify localhost in stable-supfile?

3) Perhaps something more convenient?

Tips/tricks of the trade are welcome...

/Micke