Date:      Wed, 3 May 2000 11:48:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GPS heads up

:
:In message <20000503200006.A35116@cichlids.cichlids.com>, Alexander Langer writ
:es:
:>Thus spake Matthew Dillon (dillon@apollo.backplane.com):
:>
:>>     satellites sitting thousands of miles away in the sky.  It's even more
:>>     impressive to see the government do something right for a change!
:>
:>It's much more idiotic that the government prevented it before.
:
:Well, they have added a new feature (which I can't talk about because I'm
:not supposed to know about how it works) which gives them an even more
:interesting and powerful DOS on the GPS system.  I doesn't quite work
:by postal code, but it comes *very* close.

    That's public knowledge.  That is, if you are talking about the
    military's experiments with regional DOS on the GPS system.  In
    fact, it's one of the reasons cited by the president for turning
    off SA.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>