Date:      Wed, 25 May 2005 08:32:57 +0200
From:      Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patching a perl port

--6b3yLyRKT1M6kiA0

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 08:42:51PM -0600, Aaron Dalton wrote:

Hi Aaron,

> I am trying to package a Perl module.  One of the files in the=20
> distribution needs patching.  I followed the exact same procedure as I di=
d=20
> in security/p5-Email-Obfuscate but MAKE keeps generating the file=20
> Comments.pm.orig.  No matter what I do to the patch-file, this .orig file=
=20
> keeps showing up!  What am I doing wrong?  I have attached the shar file.
>=20

The easiest way, which is what I usually take, is to add a post-patch
target that removes the .orig file

=2Epost-patch
	@${RM} ${WRKSRC}/somefile.pl.orig

Cheers,
-erwin

--=20
Erwin Lansing

DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were harmed while sending this message.

--6b3yLyRKT1M6kiA0

--6b3yLyRKT1M6kiA0--