Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 95 08:03:29 PDT
From:      elenk@weitek1.weitek.COM
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        elenk@weitek1.weitek.COM, ealenk@svpal.org
Subject:   Help needed on install problem

Dear Support Tech:

	I am attempting to install Free BSD(4.4) v2.0 (January 1995) from a CD that I purchased from Wallnut Creek CD-ROM,
onto my Micropolis 1936 3Gb SCSI hard drive.  Here is the problem: I am able to partition my drive the way I like it, but
not assign and mount point or swap area to my 2 partitions.  When I press A)ssign, I choose my partition letter, then enter
in my responce.  For partition 'a', I enter / as my mount point, for partition 'b', swap is automatically entered as the
partition name.  I then press W)rite, my drive activity light flashes, and I am able to Q)uit to reboot or go on to
P)rocede.  I have tried rebooting and then P)roceding, and simply P)roceding, and in both cases my partition names are not
present.  I think because of this I get a failure during the install.  In my frustration, I didn't think to write down the
error code.  After I get the failure code, my machine re-boots.  I am assigning 400mb of the 831mb partition (see below) to
BSD4.4; partition a:380mb = BSD4.4, partition b:20mb = swap.
	Here is my machine configuration: 386/33, AMI bios, a:1.44mb, b:1.2mb, c:Micropolis 2716 1.75Gb(single partition)
ide hdu, buslogic 410? ISA cacheing controler w/2mb ram, d: first partion (2gb) of Micropolis 1936 SCSI(external), e: second
partion (831 mb) of M1936, Tosh. 3401b CD (internal), Adaptec 1510 SCSI controler(no boot bios), 8mb ram, and zoom 14.4
modem.  I am confident the SCSI devices are all properly terminated.  My machine runs perfectly (configuration wise) under
DOS.  I have windows 3.1 installed and NT Workstation 3.5 (but using FAT16 file system throughout).

Thanks for any help you can offer.  Condescend as much as you like, I am very new to this.

Eric
ealenk@svpal.org
(408) 258-2050
(408) 738-3567 x3217