Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 19:12:14 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows Refund Day Press Reports: Linux, Linux, Linux

> Unfortunately, the very thing I expected to happen DID happen: the
> "Linux faithful" appear to have made sure that FreeBSD was not mentioned
> in news coverage of the event. The following articles mentioned Linux
> exclusively:

[ ... ]

> In short, the FreeBSD users who joined the group were represented to the
> press by the organizers as being Linux enthusiasts.
>
> This is what I was concerned about. The FreeBSD supporters who attended were
> taken for a ride.

Not true everywhere... here's one where Linux and BSD are both
mentioned exactly once (though Linux is first and NetWare was
next, before a generic BSD):

	http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2191274,00.html

Here's another one that mentions Linux first, then FreeBSD:

	http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2209072,00.html

If you don't read down very far, then it's equal billing.  If you
do read dow, including Microsoft's mention, it's only 6 to 1 (and
Microsoft is mentioned 2 to 1 over Linux).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.