Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2006 03:04:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      White Hat <pigskin_referee@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Users Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Making startup order static

--- Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52@dial.pipex.com> wrote:

[...]

> I believe 6.1 uses rcorder for scripts from
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d, in
> which case you might be able to create local patches
> in the relevant
> ports which added appropriate e.g.
>
> # BEFORE:
> # PROVIDES:
> # REQUIRE:
>
> lines to force the order you want.  This assumes
> that they do not use
> .sh suffixed scripts and that you use cvsup rather
> than portsnap, which
> I believe would trash your local patches.

I do employ portsnap, so that would probably not be a
viable solution. I am presently looking into
implementing one that was suggested by a recent
poster. I would have thought that there would have
existed a simpler method to control on a  permanent
basis the loading of programs. I guess not.

--

White Hat
pigskin_referee@yahoo.com