Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 1995 21:59:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Pics OnLine Root <root@picspc01.pics.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Slip or PPP won't Work 2.0R

Hi,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction, I cannot seem to
get SLIP or PPP to work on my modem attached to FreeBSD 2.0R.  As soon
as I "slattach" or "pppd" I recieve the following errors:

Any pointers are appreciated?

picspc01 login: DIALUP ttyd0, tpr
picspc01 login: login on ttyd0 as tpr
picspc01 slattach[13845]: ioctl(TIOCSCTTY) failed: Operation not permitted
picspc01 slattach[13845]: tcsetpgrp failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
picspc01 slattach[13845]: ioctl(TIOCSETD): Operation not permitted

Terry

Terry Rossi tpr@pics.com                 Data: 609/753-2540
Sysop, Pics OnLine BBS                 telnet: bbs.pics.com
609/767-0216 Voice/Fax              WWW: http://www.pics.com