Date:      13 Nov 1999 01:07:28 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: China loves Linux?

Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu> writes:

> 	Everyone has different backgrounds, it sounds like you've been in
> situations where Linux is the foot hold and they don't want to move.
> That's not the case for everyone, some people are willing to move to
> "better" solutions.  Some people don't feel they need "better"
> solutions.

What one should do depends on one's definition of "better", of course.
In an environment where most people are acquainted with Linux, but they
lack basic knowledge about FreeBSD, or have grown too dependent on some
very Linux-specific feature (i.e. it's SysV style of rc-scripts), it
might take a lot more effort to educate them, than just _stay_ with what
one's current setup is.

I am not a linux-advocate here, but some times the education of staff
might to use FreeBSD instead of what they already know might be a reason
for not using *BSD at all.

Besides, if it works fine (regardless of *BSD or Linux) and you have no
apparently good reason for switching, why get into the extra hassle?

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]