Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:09:31 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rsh/Rlogin/Rcmd & friends

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 02:44:41PM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> Hmmm.  So that begs the question: What would you argue should _not_ be
> packages and what would be your grounds for such argument in those
> cases?

Basic stuff like /bin/cp and other /bin/*, /sbin/* and so forth, with
certain exceptions.

Of course, the only reason why I'd say this is because: wouldn't
"packages" be more difficult to maintain than the source?

Or am I on crack again?  Perhaps it's not that hard at all, and
everything should be packaged.

--
Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu> <will@FreeBSD.org>
GCS/E/S @d- s+:+ a--- C++ UB++++$ P+ L- E--- W+ N-- !o ?K w---