Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:19:49 -0700
From:      Joshua Lokken <joshua@twobirds.us>
To:        Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Open Office - installation problem

* Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com> [2004-04-24 17:56]:
> > [2004-04-24 08:32]:

> > OOo
> > > >
> > I note that you
> > said when you attempted to correctly add the pkg, it
> > hung.  It's big.
> > Use the pkg_add command, perhaps with -v so you can
> > see what's
> > happening, and install the darned thing.
>
> # pkg_add OOo_1.1.1.RC3_FreeBSD52Intel_install.tbz
> pkg_add: could not find package ORBit-0.5.17_2 !
>
> Now another problem comes on installing RRBit-0.5.17_2
> as follow;
>
> # cd /usr/ports/
> # make clean  (first)
>
> The PC is now running for more than 8 hrs. coming to
> biology/platon
> Cleaning .....
>
> Shall I close the Kconsole window OR let it to run.

You probably wanted

# cd /usr/ports/devel/ORBit
# make clean

What you've done above is to make the entire ports tree clean.  The
'make clean' before building the port seems a bit unnecessary, but
you're obviously doing it for a reason.

--
Joshua

"I've travelled the world and the seven seas;
    I am watching you through a camera!"
             -- Artie Ziff