Date:      Tue, 21 May 2002 10:28:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
Cc:        frank@exit.com, holger.kipp@alogis.com, maildrop@qwest.net, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.6-RC system hangs (fxp0, smp, sym)

Pete French writes:

 > > [ I'd say this is the time for developers to speak up ;-)  ]
 >
 > Assuming we have giiven them enough information -  sadly random freezeups
 > with no errormessages and no real repeatabaility are very hard to debug.

It is obvious that the disk controller is no longer interrupting.  It
is not obvious why.

dmesg output and mptable output would go a long ways towards somebody
being able to help you.

I seem to remember that you said the machines used to work just fine.
It would be helpful for you to bracket the breakage to a smaller
window of time using CVS & doing a binary search on the source trees,
looking for the date the breakage occured.

Drew