Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:21:52 -0700
From:      Predrag Punosevac <punosevac@math.arizona.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   i810 driver problem

I was wondering if anybody encountered any problems with i810 video
driver on 7.0Beta15 current.
Namely I did yesterday a fresh installation of an older Pentium III
machine and was unable to get X going.
I got Xorg as pkg_add -r by the way and the rest of the system was
installed from ISO image.
Yes, I did have

Section "ServerFlags"
          Option "IgnoreAbi" "on"
EndSection

I looked carefully xorg.conf.new and the listed video driver was i810. I
did not manually compile that driver as I thought that was included into
XOrg( at least on two other new computers I use i810 driver and it was
included into XOrg).
I tried though to load it manually into kernel by editing load.conf
file. Sorry I am not enclosing  log file as  I wiped
installation. It was very late last night and I thought it will take me
half an hour to get things working. I end up spending
3 hours.

Then I tried PC-BSD 1.4 which is 6.2 stable from July and everything
went without a hitch.
I checked xorg.conf and I saw that the listed driver is
Xf86-video-intel-2.1.1

Should I try to install Xf86-video-intel-2.1.1 and then just try to hand
configure xorg.conf file.

I did notice some discussion yesterday about i810 but I thought it was
relevant just for upgrading not for
the new installation.

Any input or suggestion will be appreciated.

Predrag Punosevac