Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 1997 14:37:49 +0100
From:      Jan A Knepper <jknepper@luna.nl>
To:        "Jason J. Joyce" <jajoyce@vt.edu>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Questions@"@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: NT 4.0 and FreeBSD

Jason J. Joyce wrote:

> Just wondering, can I install FreeBSD over the top of Windows NT, so they
> both exists at the same time?  I am running NT 4.0

I don't think you would be able to put them in the same partition if
that is what you mean. You however can put FreeBSD and NT 4.0 in
different partitions and use something like a boot manager to switch
between the two at start up.

I for instance have a 'hooker' with 1 GB SCSI-2 HD. I have a 512 MB C:
drive with MS-DOS 6.22, Windows 3.11, Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0
Workstation. On the other 5122 MB I have FreeBSD 2.2-BETA-A.

Hope this helps.

Don't worry, be Kneppie,
Jan