Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:26:22 +0800
From:      Katinka Mills <katinka@magestower.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: MGE USB UPS support in FreeBSD

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:15, Katinka Mills wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a customer who has one of the new MGE UPS's with USB interface, and
> I need it to shutdown FreeBSD on power fail (the UPS was bought with the
> server as it was to originally be win2k Server, but I converted the
> customer to FreeBSD) What can I do, I have put a question up on the USB-BSD
> list and have had no replies in 4 days, and the customer is getting toe,
> they want to decomission an old P2 server running NT4.

One other thing I ment to add (hit send to quick) is that I have looked at
nut, and it says it supports this UPS with the HIDUPS driver in linux,
although it is experimental, is this safe to use in FreeBSD (I have done a
tonne of work on this system and would hate to crash it this late in the game
;o)

Regards,

Kat.